If you love Squamish, bicycles and people, read on.
We are a small, neighbourhood bicycle store located in Brackendale (Squamish) and we are looking for a knowledgeable, people’s person to join us in delivering friendly and accessible customer service that goes well beyond expectations.
(For more: riderepublic.com)
- Sales/Customer service experience required;
- Some knowledge of bicycles required (further training will be provided);
- Bicycle industry experience is an asset;
- Be excellent with (and to) all people;
- Weekend availability;
- Must be a good listener;
- Ability to understand mechanical concepts;
- Ability to retain and remember technical information;
- Being mechanically minded or having (any) mechanical experience is an asset;
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment;
- Must be able to multi-task;
- Must be comfortable being the first point of contact in a busy retail environment;
- Must be able to deal with and be tolerant and respectful of all people;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to creatively problem-solve;
- Must have a keen eye for merchandising;
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to work unsupervised;
- Ability to focus and/or work in spite distractions and interruptions;
- Love for Squamish and cycling is a must!
Deliver high level of customer service through addressing each customer needs in person, on the phone, or by email. Maintain and re-stock displays. Merchandise the whole store including window displays. Maintain a clean work environment. Maintain a clean work environment. Compile supplies purchase list. Price products. Follow up with customers. Book bikes in for service on occasion. Be a Republic Bicycles ambassador at all times both at work and in the community.
Wages and Benefits:
- Wages and hours to be discussed and depending on experience;
- Extended health plan available;
- You will work in a friendly, family-oriented, happy place, doing what you love alongside like-minded people;
- You will learn lots! We are committed to continually train and improve the skills of our team;
- Discount in all products;
- You will work for (and with!) reasonable and accommodating people. The Republic is a democracy and we will listen to you.
- You will start with a full-time/ in season (until Sep 30th) with the possibility of year-round position (to be discussed)
TO APPLY: Please do not call! Please send your resume and cover letter to Leah (email below).