We work on all makes and models. Road, Mountain…Unicycles, you name it. We love fixing them all! Let’s get you riding!
Our team of problem solvers are trained to help you have the best riding experience your machine can deliver.
On the spot service available. Major repairs done in a timely fashion. Please bring your bike in to get an accurate timeline.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic we are following the recommendations set out by the authorities while continuing to do our best to serve our customers.
This summarizes the relevant changes we have made around the workshop and to the service drop off / pick up procedure to keep you, our community and our staff safe.
- A limited number of people will be allowed in the shop at any one time.
- There will be a separate entrance and exit.
- We encourage customers keep their time in the shop brief.
- Customers must keep 6ft from other customers and staff.
- Service customers will be asked to book their service online. See link on this page.
- Comprehensive “Tune-up” type services can be booked online with a specified turnaround window. All other piece-wise type services are drop-in only and will be done on a first-come-first-served basis with a best guess turnaround time.
- Service customers who booked online may leave their bike prior to their appointment or continue riding and get an automated reminder.
- It is now mandatory to wear a mask when in the store. Hand sanitizer is also provided at the entrance.
- We are following a sanitizing routine on all high touch surfaces in the shop.
- Bike drop off will be contactless and generally be short and sweet – customers will receive a follow-up call or email to discuss scope of work, price and timeline.
- Our front staff and mechanics will be wearing masks and sanitizing bike touch points after bike drop off and prior to delivery.
We appreciate and are amazed by the patience and flexibility shown by our customers to date. Thank you for continuing to support us!
Check back often as our response to the situation may change.
(updated Nov. 2020)
Visit the shop for a free assessment and quote for maintenance
Your Bike Working At Its Best - Build Your Own Service
The BYO Philosophy
The old bike shop “service menu” doesn’t serve the rider or the bike well. You get some of what you need and likely a bunch of extra stuff you don’t. It is rare that one of the available packages fulfills exactly your maintenance requirements.
Build Your Own Service means you get a catered service package based on what your bike needs to perform at its best. We will of course do a full inspection, let you know what we find, and work with you and your budget to get you the most value.
BYO Service Example
A Popular Combo for $124
Common Maintenance Items
Bike Wash – $30
Bleed hydraulic disc brake – $46 (includes two fluid flushes, piston clean and brake adjustment)
Replace punctured tube – $16
Fork lower leg service – $48
Install tubeless tire – From $20
Standard wheel true – $27
Hub service (cartridge) – $53 (includes hub shell bearing replacement and freehub pawl service)
Shift adjust (rear) – $20 (includes hanger alignment)
Install disc brake pads – $19 (includes adjustment and piston reset)
Workshop hourly labour rate – $80
Republic Service Guarantee
Our mechanics are highly skilled and take pride in fixing your bike to the highest possible standard.
We want your ride to be nothing short of awesome, so,
in the unlikely event that something is not quite right after a service,
we would be happy to review our work at no extra charge.
Republic Winter Service Special – Booking Now!
Back by popular demand – the best value bike service of the year!
A comprehensive service by practiced hands with over six decades of mechanical experience.
$260 for a comprehensive winter service, Normally $565, which includes labour to :
Clean and inspect frame, fork, wheels, and parts, suspension pivot bearing replacement, bleed and adjust both brakes, clean, replace barrier grease and adjust headset, remove bottom bracket and grease shell if applicable, replace barrier grease and adjust rear hub with freehub pawl service if applicable, minor wheel true, remove / degrease entire drivetrain in parts washer and lube, replace shift cables and housing, adjust gears (including hanger alignment), replace dropper post cable and housing, torque all hardware and test ride
Suspension service suggested based on riding hours and service history.
No extra labour charge to replace parts removed as part of the service (eg. drivetrain, brake pads, bottom bracket, headset etc.)
Special ends February 28th, or when all spots are filled. Hurry as historically spots fill up quickly!
The Fine Print:
- The global pandemic has forced us to rethink how we offer our services. The parts your bike needs may not be in stock due to global shortages following a huge cycling boom. As such, to offer the best service with the least down time, we will be assessing bikes prior to the service being done, lining up any parts required, and discussing an appointment date based on those factors.
- Again, we will arrange your appointment date with you after you come in for a pre-assessment. You can continue to ride! Or drop off your bike on or any time before this day.
- If you will not be riding the bike again till spring simply book your pre-assessment and we’ll take it from there.
- With pre-assessment done, special order parts received and appointment booked, you should expect to receive your serviced bike +/- 5 business days from your appointment date.
- Prices above are labour charges only. Parts are extra. Service requests over and above the service as outlined above are extra and charged at the regular rate.
- An estimate for the work with parts and additional service requests will be given after the bike is assessed. We will always call you if unexpected circumstances arise.
- Please be aware that there may be extra charges for servicing steeds other than the average full suspension mountain bike. Ebikes may require removal of drive units or batteries for access, cargo bikes may need to be worked on at ground level, or your E-cargo-fat-tricycle might need special storage considerations. By the same token, your single speed hardtail might be a breeze to work on. We like and service them all.
- Though we are generally accepting of parts bought online, for this heavily discounted service, please support your local bike shop and buy your parts in store.
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I bring my new bike in for the first tune up?
After a couple of rides we would love to make some minor adjustments on your machine to make sure it is dialed. Then after 20 – 30 hours of riding you should bring your bike in for its first full tune up. Your first tune will have been booked in with our service department when you picked up your new bike – don’t worry we will send you a reminder! Remember, if you bought the bike from us, the first tune up (labour charge) is free. In season, this offer expires after 60 days.
Do you service E-bikes?
Yes! We’d be happy to service your E-bike. We are fully qualified to address any issue with Shimano and Bosch electric assist systems.
Can you service my suspension?
Yes! We service the vast majority of suspension pieces through a combination of in-house, and our suspension service partners. Let’s get you sorted.
When should my suspension be fully serviced?
Each manufacturer has its own recommended number of hours. However, a quick rule of thumb is once a year if your ride 1-2 times a week in the season. If you ride more than that, or all year, let’s make a plan together to make sure you are getting the best out of your suspension. Also, to increase the time in between full services, we encourage you to get a lower service mid season.
Do you work on old, unloved bicycles?
Yes! We work on all bikes, all makes, all models, all colours, all modalities, all years. We love bikes! Bring it on!
I bought parts elsewhere, can you install them?
Absolutely! Come in to the shop or call to ask our service advisor about the labour charges associated with installing various parts.
Book Your Service Online!
Easy, Fast and Convenient